Thursday, February 26, 2015

What's on the Design Wall in February?

My scrappy American flag tops, on my flannel design wall.
It already came and went!  Back in 2011, I made a spumoni quilt and had some strips left over.  I decided to use them and make another strip quilt, but a little wider, so I added a crazy border around it.  I put the strips on the design wall the evening of Feb. 20. The next day they were all sewed together and on Sunday, Feb. 22, I sewed on the border.  The was done in three days.  I waited until Wednesday night to go get backing fabric. Wednesday night at the Craft Warehouse they have happy hour and 40% off one cut of fabric, so I got 5 yards a 40% off.  In the mean-time, I used some scraps to make scrappy American Flag wall hangings.  I got the tops of two done.  Those are now on the design wall, just to inspire me to make more. They are so much fun!!
quikie quilt top

No comments:

Post a Comment