Saturday, May 2, 2015

What Is On The Design Wall In May?

I finally went to Home Fabrics and got some flannel backed vinyl to make my new improved design wall.  I took my flannel quilt down and got my new design wall up.  It is big enough to really lay out my liberated houses.  I have all the house blocks up, and most of the sashing up. I ran out of my cute little car fabric.  I needed just enough to do three more city blocks of roadway.  I called four quilt shops and visited two today. I found more of the black with white dashed lines at Quilt Expressions, so I bought the rest of the bolt. I had high hopes that Nancy's would have some, but I cannot get a hold of her.  My Husqvarna is in the shop, so I don't want to start sewing my rows together yet, as I don't think the quarter inch on this Necchi will be the same.  I want to sew them all on the same machine to avoid any sashing-matching-up issues.  I did design the outside sections this morning and pieced my grain silos that are going next to the rail road tracks. 

Yes, I only discovered I need grain silos this morning.  It is going to be awesome, but I have to really get to work on it, so I can have it completed before I go to NYC in June.  I am soooo excited!  I should have my Husqvarna back Monday after work.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment