Saturday, January 28, 2017

The One Year Quilt

Actually most of my quilts take more than a year, because I begin them and then begin some other quilt, which I also may not finish because I begin something.  Sometimes I do get the new projects done before the ones I already had begun.  I hope you were able to follow that.  This one I started in January 2016, because I wanted to use up some of my flannel to make room for more regular cotton fabric.  I did get it finished in January 2017! Yeah!  Done in one year.  It is a fabulous soft grown quilt.  I call it a grown quilt, because I just sew two pieces of fabric together and keep adding, so it grows into a quilt.  I did manage to use up all the airplane fabric and some scraps of Spider Man.  I did do a cheaty binding; trimming the backing an inch from the edge, then folding it to the front as a binding.  It looks awesome and is very sturdy.  I like these kinds of flannel quilts because you really can launder the heck out of them and they just keep on being wonderfully soft and functional.
contains cars, airplanes, trains, hocky players, Spider Man, stripes,
solids, and plaids.  Stitch-in-the-ditch mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment