Thursday, January 5, 2017

Today's View From My Quilting Room Window



It has been quite tedious, all this snow and ice to have to drive to and from work in.  I would not mind, if I did not have to commute to work five days a week.  A week here or there during the winter, well okay.  But this is going on four weeks of troublesome business and not likely to be over next week.  It was more tolerable over the holidays, because there were so many people on vacation, it caused less traffic to deal with.  Now . . . .yikes!  I put a high value on my time and spending that much time, every day, behind the wheel is starting to get on my nerves.  I thought I had been coming along rather well through it all, then yesterday when I got home from work, I got my Blazer stuck trying to get into our driveway.  Blaze had to spend the night outside, because once we (my husband and two helpful neighbors and I) got it pushed into the driveway, it would not budge. The driveway surface was too slick for traction.  I took a snow day, today.  I made fasolotha, did a little sewing, checked and responded to some e-mails, got inspiration from a photo of a quilt QN sent to me, wrote down my inspiration for a new quilt, and tromped around in the snow in front of our house and took lovely photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment