Monday, March 16, 2020

Rocket Ships Quilt Completed: My third UFO done this year!

Unfinished object (UFO) is a quilting term.  I have completed my third one for 2020 and the fourth one is well on it's way.  Plus, I am quilting a donation quilt that I pieced a couple weeks ago.  Whew!
Click on the photo to see it enlarged.
I started this one about four years ago, but I think I already went over that in my first post of 2020, where I listed all nine unfinished projects I intend to complete in 2020.  I am working on them as hard as I can, so I can get to the fun stuff, the new stuff, I want to do as well.  This may be my third UFO for 2020, but I have made three other quilts besides them.  A couple of them are doll quilts, which I do not post on this blog.  If you want to see doll quilts, please, click on the link, on the left side of this page, titled "Gluten Free Doll Quilts."  I suggest you keep scrolling down and also look at the older posts, as there are a lot of them and I think these dolls make amazing quilts!
     Meanwhile, on this site, I am working on my next UFO, the purple twisting turning twenty quilt.  What's on my design wall in March? The PTTT quilt.  I have all the rows sewed (that would be five rows of 16"X16" blocks), and I just need to sew the rows to each other.  Maybe tomorrow night I will get that done and get started on the border.
the bottom row is not on my wall, as it will not fit.
We had a quilting retreat at my house this last weekend. I hogged the design wall, but we had plenty of layout space in my quilt room, as we set-up our sewing machines in the living room.  It was just enough for the five of us.  It was nice to be together for awhile.  Due to COVID-19, we know we will not get to hang out for a while.  We had a supportive and productive weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment