Friday, November 6, 2020

What's on the Design Wall in November?

That small, off-the-cuff, Halloween wall-hanging has inspired me to make an actual Halloween quilt.  I started by making three blocks, while out camping near Bruno.  I finished twelve blocks and they are on my design wall.  I have cut some two inch strips of my light fabric for the sashing and rearranged my blocks, to my liking, on the wall.  

The trouble is I have two unfinished quilt projects that I need to finish by mid-December.  I seem to have lost my momentum.  One of them does not need a design wall, so I will go with that one first.  I am planning to start on it on Saturday, with the help of a friend.  I need a second opinion on how I should attack it, due to it is an old quilt top that was both hand-pieced and machine pieced.  I is not square around the outside and the inside is not exactly flat.  I want to put a border on it, to bring it all together, before Phyllis gets to quilt it.  Smile.  If I am diligent this weekend, I can have it all ready to go to the quilters by Sunday evening.  Then I will be down to one UFO to get finished this year . . . and I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment