Saturday, November 28, 2020

Bandana Quilt Finished!

A number of years back, I bought an old quilt top at an antique shop in Boise.  I already described it's construction and the issues with it, in my previous post.  Phyllis did her stippling magic on it and I love it.  I got the binding all on, on Thanksgiving Day.  It is finished.

It is a beautiful quilt.  It is on my table in my quilt room, but I hope to scout out a good place, out-of-doors, to photograph it properly. I hope whomever made all these blocks remembers her work and is having a warm feeling about it just now, or beaming down from heaven with happiness.  Below is a close-up of the back of one of the blocks.


You can see the machine stitching below the yellow and floral block, however the stitching on the yellow four-patch is hand-stitching,  Also note, at the top of the photo, the blue sashing is attached to the red sashing by machine.  I don't know how old the fabrics in the quilt are, but I am glad to finally have risen to the task of making it into a completed quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment