Monday, December 13, 2021

All Kinds of Quilts

I have been making all kinds of quilts these last couple of months.  The big 'Drunkard's Pink" quilt, I finished in November, but have not managed to take a photo of it.  We headed out to Scentsy on Saturday morning, early, and it was too windy.  It was also biting cold!  We jumped back in the Blazer and came home.  The wind has not died down yet.  What is with the wind this year?

I got my BoM quilt back from the long-arm quilters on Thursday.  I just need to sqaure it up and get a binding on it, and it will be finished.  It is the main one for my quilt group's 2021 quilt challenge.  I am so excited it is almost finished!

In October, I did piece an adorable wall-hanging for a friend.  I finished quilting it late last week.  The measurements are 14" X 15.5".

The bird block I got from Lynne Tyler's blog: patcherymenagerie.blogspot.com     I made four of these blocks, just to see if I could do it (and I was procrastinating getting my other quilt projects done).  I put one of the birds in this wall-hanging.  One is in the vertical row quilt that is currently on my design wall.  The other two have Santa hats and will go in my Christmas quilt that I hope to make in 2022.

In November, I did a presentation on ways to bind or finish your quilts.  It was at my quilt group in Kuna.  I started by demonstrating a 'turned quilt'.  You actually sandwich the front, batting, and back first, then you turn it, then you do all the quilting.  

You can see there is no binding on this quilt.  It is all stitch-in-the-ditch, so you don't really see the quilting either.  If it were not so bright, I would call it invisible.  I made this quilt specifically for my presentation, so I simply used some orphan blocks and did not take any time to worry about aesthetics.  It was a demo.  I did get a few good comments on it, but I am wondering why.  It is quirky, but not that good looking.  The blocks are 12" X 12".  I suppose it would be a fun quilt for a three-year-old to have a picnic with her tea set and dolls.
I did complete a large baby quilt, that I was commissioned to do.  It is a Dr. Suess baby quilt.  I need to get a photo of it, as well.  I am excited to get it 'delivered' this week, so it is out of my hands.  I will get those photos posted as soon as I manage to get some taken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment