Sunday, December 26, 2021

Dr. Seuss Quilt

A friend was wanting something special for her first grandson, who is due on the scene in January.  She contacted me to see if I could create something special.  I had seen the new Dr. Seuss fabrics on-line at Jordan Fabrics, and I heard they were to be had at The Quilt Crossing.  She loved the Dr. Seuss idea.  So, I proceeded with a Jelly Roll from Jordan Fabrics and yardage from The Quilt Crossing.  

The fabric I had for the binding, "Oh, The Places You'll Go" was not quite what my eye wanted for the binding.  I looked through my bright stash and found this fabulous fabric, I got in the sale section of the 'Sew and Soak' website a couple of months ago.  It is perfect!  All it's colors are in the quilt!

My binding turned out perfect.  The red and white stripped outer border is from the Dr. Seuss collection that was released around 2013.  I had bought some down at The Quilt Barn (Kimberly, ID) way back then.  I had used about 3 inches of it, so I had plenty to add to this quilt.  

It is bright, fun, and soft and fluffy, just like a baby quilt should be.  She wanted it a little on the big side, so it is 51.5" by 51.5".  It is busy in just the way Dr. Seuss would expect it to be.   My friend loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment