Friday, April 21, 2023

Charity Quilt

I am sorry, I did not take a photo of this quilt while it was on my design wall.  Last September, I posted about two charity quilts I made.  This is another one, made with 5" X 5" blocks.  I threw in a few four patch blocks, and in the center are the blocks (which are bigger) I used in a demonstration last fall.

I made it less feminine, so perhaps some teenage boy will enjoy it.  There is something about old barns that really capture my attention and imagination.  I have been trying to photograph some of my quilts mounted on old barns.  This is my new favorite.  This barn has not long to live.  The house on the property is abandoned and the windows are broken.  It is a common story these days in Idaho.  In a year, I can expect to see a new business in here where this barn has been for so long.  It has a practically new metal roof on it, but developers don't care about that.  I can image an amazing quilting retreat space in this barn renovated, heavily.  I have a great imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment